October 27, 2007

Rooting for the Sox

I'm not going to take the time now to explain how a girl from Baltimore fell in love with a team from Boston. I did. It happened. I can love them both, ok.

For the moment, while I keep an ear on the goings-on in and around The City That Reads I'm rooting for the Sox to win their second World Series in an incredible three years. And I'm not the only one: Why You Should Root for the Sox. The linked article is pretty amusing, and in humor, there is veritas. My fave line refers to Mike Lowell looking like a mmatinee idol from the silent film era. Hmmmmmm, oh yeah!

Speaking of Lowell, Beth, Cursed to First picked up a terrific tidbit about him yesterday. Now, if Theo could just come to the same conclusion about Curt . . .

PS - And another great article, by Boston's own Charlie Pierce (of the Globe and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me fame): Manny Rules!

No comments: