October 30, 2007

Rooooolllllling Ralllyyyyyyyy!

In a uniquely Boston-centric twist on an old fashioned victory parade, today the World Champion Boston Red Sox will roll through town from Fenway to City Hall Plaza on our quirky WW2-era Duck (DUKW) boats. I went to the parade in 2004 and it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. The energy of the crowd was fabulous, and even though we spent hours waiting for 60 second views of the players and the TROPHY:


I don't remember being bored, or tired, or even the rain (it rained?). I really sad that can't make it this year because of professional obligations (namely, a brief due in a couple of days), but I'm going to work from home for the day so I can at least watch on tv. I might see a lot more details, but it won't be the same. I can't believe I'm going to miss seeing Papelbon's jig, live and in living color.

Pictures clipped from various sources to come later.

No comments: